- 8 Apr 22: Newsletter April 2022
- 7 Sep 21: Newsletter July 2021
- 7 Sep 21: Ofsted Letter to Parents | 2021
- 26 Jan 21: Letter for Parents - Martin Samuels
- 18 Jan 21: January 2021 Newsletter
- 20 Nov 20: Newsletter November 2020
- 16 Sep 20: Newsletter September 2020
- 9 Jul 20: Letter to your school from Leicester hospitals
- 22 Jun 20: City mayor's statement: Black Lives Matter
- 15 Jun 20: Newsletter June 2020
- 1 Jun 20: Covid-19 Track and Trace Privacy Notice
- 14 May 20: Newsletter May 2020
- 7 May 20: Crash Newsletter May 2020
- 29 Apr 20: Newsletter April 2020
- Subscribe to our news as an RSS feed
Welcome to West Gate School
‘This a school where everyone makes sure that pupils’ well-being and safety come first.’ (Ofsted 2021). If you visit us, you will meet our inspiring, articulate and friendly pupils who make such a positive contribution to school life. They are encouraged to succeed by a committed staff team, who put the children at the centre of all they do. Our vision for every pupil (and staff member) is for them to achieve their potential, so they can be their best. We aim to create a safe, fun, and supportive environment that inspires everyone to learn and develop.
West Gate is a popular, over-subscribed setting for 180 4 – 19-year-olds, with a range of learning needs. Our pupils have moderate to severe learning difficulties, autism spectrum conditions, profound and multiple learning difficulties, SEMH and highly complex needs. We moved into our new building in 2014 and have a range of excellent facilities to support a rich and diverse curriculum offer. We work with a range of specialist practitioners to make sure we deliver inspiring learning opportunities.
Whilst, we do have amazing resources at West Gate, what is more impressive is our welcoming and friendly ethos. We pride ourselves on being a dedicated staff team with expertise in managing a broad spectrum of special educational needs. We have improved significantly as a school and are determined to keep improving what we do for our pupils as they continue their ‘learning for life’.
We welcome the active involvement of families and provide a range of opportunities to get involved with school life throughout the year. Similarly, we ensure pupils have the chance to access a range of learning opportunities within the local community to prepare them for their next steps.
We are all very proud of our school and our amazing pupils.