- 26 Jan 21: Letter for Parents - Martin Samuels
- 18 Jan 21: January 2021 Newsletter
- 20 Nov 20: Newsletter November 2020
- 16 Sep 20: Newsletter September 2020
- 9 Jul 20: Letter to your school from Leicester hospitals
- 22 Jun 20: City mayor's statement: Black Lives Matter
- 15 Jun 20: Newsletter June 2020
- 1 Jun 20: Covid-19 Track and Trace Privacy Notice
- 14 May 20: Newsletter May 2020
- 7 May 20: Crash Newsletter May 2020
- 29 Apr 20: Newsletter April 2020
- Subscribe to our news as an RSS feed
CORONAVIRUS Key Information
Please click the covid-19 menu tab above for all information regarding school adjustments and documentation related to the coronavirus pandemic.
Welcome to West Gate School
If you visit West Gate School, you will meet our inspiring, articulate and friendly pupils who make such a positive contribution to school life. They are encouraged to succeed by a committed staff team, who put the children at the centre of all they do. Our vision for every pupil (and staff member) is for them to achieve their potential, so they can be their best. We aim to create a safe, fun and supportive environment that inspires everyone to learn and develop.
West Gate is a popular, over-subscribed setting for 185 4 – 19 year olds, with a range of learning difficulties and disabilities. Our pupils have moderate to severe learning difficulties, autism spectrum conditions, profound and multiple learning difficulties and highly complex needs. We moved into our new building in 2014 and have a range of excellent facilities to support a rich curriculum offer.
Whilst we do have amazing resources at West Gate, what is more impressive is our welcoming and friendly ethos. We pride ourselves on being a dedicated staff team with expertise in managing a broad spectrum of special educational needs. We also believe that ‘Learning for Life’ should apply to everyone, so we are developing ourselves as a professional learning community that always strives to improve. We welcome the active involvement of families and provide a range of opportunities to get involved with school life throughout the year. Similarly, we ensure pupils have the chance to access a range of learning opportunities within the local community to prepare them for their next steps.